Monday, April 26, 2010

About the blog title.

I'm a lifelong Bruce Springsteen fan (and by "lifelong" I mean since I was 16). When it came to settling on a title for this blog/experiment I had a hard time making a decision. It's the same reason why I don't think I could ever get a tattoo. I would spend far too much time debating over what design I would want to permanently dye onto my body. By the time I decided on said tattoo my skin would be too wrinkly for it anyway. I threw out plenty of possible titles to my friends and family but nothing seemed to stick. My father-in-law (knowing my Bruce obsession and college degree) suggested "Born To Review" and everyone seemed to love it. I was skeptical because I thought it came across as unironic (is that a word, spell check says no). They all assured me that it was fine and because I couldn't come up with something better, I went with it.

Other titles I considered:

watch anything...
Does This Blog Stop At 82nd Street?
This Blog is Real!
Stuff That's Not Important
My Trivial Pursuit
The Cult of Pop
What Would Tim Riggins Do?
See Ben Watch
Popular Aptitude
Almost An Expert

Well, I went with "Born To Review" and I'm going to stick with it. I am hoping to use this blog as an outlet for all of the pop culture I consume and don't know what to do with. Feel free to join in on the conversation by leaving comments and suggestions. Just be civil.

1 comment:

jrm said...

wwtrd! hahahahaha! hoo hoo! that is hecka funny.

but btr is cool, cause its also the initials for baton rouge.